At a recent seminar regarding the Affordable Care Act hosted by Anthem Blue Cross, the following plans were announced as participating in the exchange. All information is open to change as more negotiations are underway.
As of June, the plans selected, in alphabetical order, are:
1. Alameda Alliance for Health HMO Hospitals: 12 Physicians: 3,100
2. Anthem Blue Cross of California *EPO HMO Hospitals: 300 Physicians: 30,000
3. Blue Shield of California PPO Hospitals: 223 Physicians: 22,048
4. Chinese Community Health Plan HMO Hospitals: 9 Physicians: 315
5. Contra Costa Health Plan HMO Hospitals: 10 Physicians: 5,000
6. Health Net PPO HMO Hospitals: 204 Physicians: 44,000
7. Kaiser Permanente PPO Hospitals: 35 Physicians: 14,219
8. L.A. Care Health Plan HMO Hospitals: 35 Physicians: 1,005
9. Molina Healthcare HMO Hospitals: 29 Physicians: 4,568
10. Sharp Health Plan HMO SAN DIEGO ONLY Hospitals: 7 Physicians: 2,600
11. Valley Health Plan HMO SANTA CLARA ONLY Hospitals: 4 Physicians: 993
12. Ventura County Health Care Plan HMO VENTURA Hospitals: 6 Physicians: 176
13. Western Health HMO 8 NORTH COUNTIES Hospitals: 1 Physicians: 3,000
*An EPO is a plan wherein you may choose your providers as long as they are in that network.
Contact Jeremy at (310) 486-7625 for more information on the plan that works the best for you.